If you are missing one, a few, or all of your teeth, dental implants may be recommended by the dentists at our North Burnaby Dental office to replace missing teeth and help restore the look and function of your smile.
What is a Dental Implant?
An implant is a titanium post that replaces the tooth root. The post is placed in the bone where the tooth has been lost, and a crown is attached to the implant.
Implants create replacement teeth that look, feel, and function very closely to that of a natural tooth.
Implant supports for dentures can be an effective way of improving the fit and retention of prosthetic teeth, especially for individuals who are missing all of their teeth.
Dental implants can replace a single lost tooth or multiple missing teeth and may address many oral health issues while leaving you with a functional, natural-looking smile. They can:
- Prevent bite and TMJ ( jaw joint ) issues caused by teeth shifting
- Improve the function (ability to chew, speak,,,)
- Help with jaw joint pain or bite issues
- Restore the ‘sunken face’ look associated with missing teeth
- Prevent surrounding teeth from shifting
- How Much is Dental Implant?
- This completely varies on how difficult the procedure is. Does it need Sinus Lift and/or bone graft and finally on the operator/ Some dentists or specialists charge more and some less.
- Call Us today if you are looking for the best rated implant clinic in your area near you.